The Best Darn Oatmeal You’ve Ever Had!
- 4 c Apple Juice (I use organic, unfiltered)
- 3 c whole, thick cut organic oats
- ½ to 1 c chopped walnuts
- ½ to 1 c dried cranberries (or any other dried fruit you like)
- Vanilla, cinnamon and fresh nutmeg to taste
- Optional: ½ a skinned apple, finely chopped
Put all ingredients in saucepan, bring to a boil, cover and shut off heat. (most people
overcook oatmeal!) Top with lots of fruit: we like blueberries and mango but use
whatever you like….just use lots! Frozen is fine, too!
What to do with leftover oatmeal: we think this is the best part! French Toast!
Press firmly into a loaf pan and refrigerate overnight. Tap out of pan and slice, like
bread, Bake on a parchment paper‐lined baking sheet at 400 for 45 minutes (or
longer if you like it crunchier….experiment with heat and time.)
Top with fruit compote. We make ours with blueberries, raspberries and mango and
a little maple syrup. Yum!