Children’s Healthy Study
The story behind the Children’s Health Study
Anyone who takes Juice Plus+® knows it’s a simple, convenient, and inexpensive way to add more nutrition from fruits and vegetables to the diet, every day. Yet that’s just part of the story.
Over and over, we would hear how Juice Plus+® initiated a broad ripple effect on people’s health and well-being. Within just a few months of making Juice Plus+® part of their daily lives, both kids and adults would find themselves eating better, feeling better, and living better. In essence, Juice Plus+® was serving as a springboard to better health.
In 1999, we began to ask new Juice Plus+®Juice Plus+® As an incentive to participate, we offered free Juice Plus+®
The Children’s Health Study has since proven what we knew to be true all along: Juice Plus+® makes a real difference in family health and nutrition.
What is the Children’s Health Study?
Established in 1999, the international Children’s Health Study is a large-scale, multi-year survey designed to formally document the positive effects Juice Plus+® has on the health and well-being of families who take it.
The study is based on three important concepts:
- Good nutrition is the foundation of health and inspires other healthy lifestyle choices.
- The best time to establish good health and nutritional habits is in childhood.
- The key to getting children to adopt good health habits is parental involvement.
How does it work?
The way the Children’s Health Study works is simple. For every parent, grandparent, or other adult that signs up as a Juice Plus+® customer, the study provides Juice Plus+® Orchard Blend and Juice Plus+® Garden Blend free to a child, teenager, or college student for up to four years. At various intervals — after 4-8 months and then at the end of each year — adult participants are asked to fill out a voluntary survey to determine whether (and how) their families’ health habits have changed as a result of taking Juice Plus+®.
Based on the responses of 150,000 families participating in the Children’s Health Study, taking Juice Plus+® has far-reaching effects on health and well-being.
After making Juice Plus+® a part of their daily lives, children and adults are:
- Eating more fruits & vegetables
- Eating less fast food and drinking fewer soft drinks
- Drinking more water
- Visiting the doctor less
- Missing fewer days of school or work
- Taking fewer over-the-counter and/or prescription drugs
- More aware of their health and wellness
- Reaping a positive benefit of some kind
For full results go here