By Tom Ryder
- Master the complicated configuration thoughts of Nagios middle to version your community larger through bettering hosts, providers, and contacts
- Filter and increase the notifications that Nagios center sends in line with failed exams, that could enormously help you whilst diagnosing problems
- Pull Nagios Core's info right into a database to put in writing shrewdpermanent customized stories of your personal devise
Nagios center is an open resource tracking framework appropriate for any community that guarantees either inner and customer-facing companies are working competently and manages notification and reporting habit to diagnose and attach outages in a timely fashion. It permits very positive configuration of precisely while, the place, what, and the way to ascertain community providers to fulfill either the uptime pursuits of your community and structures workforce and the desires of your users.
This booklet indicates procedure and community directors how you can use Nagios middle to its fullest as a tracking framework for assessments on any type of community prone, from the smallest domestic community to a lot better creation multi-site providers. you can find that Nagios center is in a position to doing even more than pinging a number or to determine no matter if web content respond.
The recipes during this ebook will display easy methods to leverage Nagios Core's complicated configuration, scripting hooks, studies, info retrieval, and extensibility to combine it together with your current platforms, and to make it the rock-solid middle of your community tracking world.
What you'll learn
- Manage the configuration of Nagios middle with complex thoughts to accomplish positive aspect on your checks
- Find, set up, or even write your individual cost plugins
- Filter notifications to ship them to the proper humans or courses on the correct time
- Work round tough community accessibility concerns and delegate exams to different machines
- Tweak a Nagios middle server to accomplish either excessive functionality and redundancy in case of disaster
- Process the result of assessments played by way of different machines to watch backups and related processes
- Extend Nagios middle to permit complex scripting, reporting, and community visualization behavior
About the Author
Tom Ryder is a platforms administrator and previous internet developer from New Zealand. He makes use of Nagios middle as a part of his "day task" as a platforms administrator, tracking the community for a local net merchant. Tom works greatly with Unix-like platforms, being a specific fan of GNU/Linux, and writes approximately utilization of open resource, command-line improvement instruments on his weblog, Arabesque, at http://blog.sanctum.geek.nz.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Hosts, prone, and Contacts
- Working with instructions and Plugins
- Working with exams and States
- Configuring Notifications
- Monitoring Methods
- Enabling distant Execution
- Using the internet Interface
- Managing community Layout
- Managing Configuration
- Security and Performance
- Automating and increasing Nagios Core
Read Online or Download Nagios Core Administration Cookbook - Second Edition PDF
Best general books
Facts networking now performs an enormous function in daily life and new functions proceed to seem at a stunning speed. but we nonetheless shouldn't have a legitimate beginning for designing, comparing and coping with those networks. This publication covers subject matters on the intersection of algorithms and networking. It builds a whole photograph of the present kingdom of study on subsequent new release Networks and the demanding situations for the years forward.
Remodel sizeable info into Insight"In this booklet, a few of Oracle's most sensible engineers and designers clarify how one can utilize monstrous info. they're going to inform you how one can combine your present Oracle recommendations with massive information structures, utilizing each one the place acceptable and relocating info among them as wanted. " -- Doug slicing, co-creator of Apache HadoopCowritten by way of participants of Oracle's immense facts workforce, Oracle significant info guide offers entire assurance of Oracle's accomplished, built-in set of goods for buying, organizing, reading, and leveraging unstructured facts.
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the thirty fifth foreign convention on computing device safeguard, Reliability, and protection, SAFECOMP 2016, held in Trondheim, Norway, in September 2016. The 24 revised complete papers provided have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from seventy one submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on fault injection, security coverage, formal verification, automobile, anomaly detection and resilience, cyber defense, fault bushes, and security research.
This instruction manual bargains finished insurance of contemporary developments in monstrous information applied sciences and similar paradigms. Chapters are authored via overseas major specialists within the box, and feature been reviewed and revised for max reader price. the quantity comprises twenty-five chapters prepared into 4 major elements.
- High Performance Computer Applications: 6th International Conference, ISUM 2015, Mexico City, Mexico, March 9-13, 2015, Revised Selected Papers (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- Building Networks and Servers Using BeagleBone
- Mobile and Wireless Technologies 2017: ICMWT 2017 (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
- Mikrorechner-Technik: Übungen und Lösungen (eXamen.press) (German Edition)
Extra info for Nagios Core Administration Cookbook - Second Edition
Nagios Core Administration Cookbook - Second Edition by Tom Ryder