By Jason A. Grissom,Peter Youngs
This is the 1st ebook to assemble and handle what now we have discovered concerning the affects and demanding situations of data-intensive instructor review systems—a defining attribute of the present schooling coverage panorama.
- Contributions by way of students operating on the innovative of analysis and pioneering leaders at once occupied with the implementation of instructor review systems.
- Examination of the demanding situations and impression a number of measures-based reviews are having on instructing and studying.
- Empirical study at the reliability and validity of review measures, together with lecture room commentary tools, value-added measures, scholar surveys, and instructor portfolios.
Contributors comprise: Ryan Balch, Marisa Cannata, Casey D. Cobb, Julie Cohen, Sean P. Corcoran, Morgaen L. Donaldson, Tim Drake, Dan Goldhaber, Ellen Goldring, Bridget ok. Hamre, Gary T. Henry, Nathan D. Jones, Venessa A. Keesler, Susanna Loeb, Robert C. Pianta, Min solar, Andrea Whittaker
“Grissom and Youngs gather our greatest research-based wisdom at the subject in a wise, available quantity that units the normal within the field.”
—John Tyler, Brown University
“An insightful advisor to new instructor review structures. The contributions from person authors couple what we all know approximately dimension caliber in those platforms with a important first examine on-the-ground implementation.”
—Heather Hill, Harvard Graduate university of schooling
“One of the main major contemporary adjustments at school district management has been the common improvement and implementation of instructor evaluate platforms according to student functionality and different measures. This publication brings jointly best students who determine key concerns, offering insights into attainable advantages and perils.”
—Robert E. Floden, Michigan nation University
Read Online or Download Improving Teacher Evaluation Systems: Making the Most of Multiple Measures PDF
Similar education policy books
This number of essays first highlights the recognition of interdisciplinary undergraduate stories and their contemporary earnings on this planet of upper schooling, after which addresses the paradoxical failure of those reviews to accomplish an everlasting place within the curricula of person universities and schools.
In the complicated atmosphere of upper schooling, directors and school participants face daunting demanding situations of their special domain names of institutional governance. some of the maximum demanding situations come up from easy misunderstandings of authority and its obstacles by means of directors and college contributors alike.
Die Bildungswirklichkeit bleibt weit hinter den an sie gerichteten Erwartungen zurück. Das weiß auch die „Bildungswissenschaft“. Aber statt diesen Problemkomplex freizulegen, befeuert sie ihn. Sie hat sich in einer Arbeitsteilung zwischen technokratischen Steuerungsfantasien und emphatischen Bildungssemantiken behaglich eingerichtet hat.
Neighborhood Citizenship within the worldwide enviornment proposes a reconsideration of either citizenship and citizenship schooling, relocating away both from winning ‘global citizenship’ and ‘fundamental British values’ methods in the direction of a curriculum for schooling that's basically approximately growing cosmopolitan, integrated and inclusive, politically-engaged voters of groups neighborhood, nationwide and worldwide.
- Democracy's Education: Public Work, Citizenship, and the Future of Colleges and Universities
- Bilingualität als Chance: Vorteile und Nachteile (German Edition)
- Philanthropy and American Higher Education (Philanthropy and Education)
- Working on the Work: An Action Plan for Teachers, Principals, and Superintendents
- The Global Educational Policy Environment in the Fourth Industrial Revolution: Gated, Regulated and Governed (Public Policy and Governance)
- Democratic Education and the Public Sphere: Towards John Dewey’s theory of aesthetic experience (New Directions in the Philosophy of Education)
Additional resources for Improving Teacher Evaluation Systems: Making the Most of Multiple Measures
Improving Teacher Evaluation Systems: Making the Most of Multiple Measures by Jason A. Grissom,Peter Youngs